The Salon des Aides-de-Camp was initially used by aides-de-camp, young officers devoted to a general who would pass on orders on the battlefield. Joachim Murat, for example, was Napoleon Bonaparte’s aide-de-camp before marrying the latter’s sister, Caroline, and becoming the owner of this palace.
The room is now used to receive guests.
Although it was restored in the 19th century, the room has maintained its 1720s decoration, from the Count of Évreux’s time, with woodwork carved with feminine masks and mirrors. Only the overdoors are a later addition, commissioned from painter Charles Landelle by Emperor Napoleon III in 1859. They depict allegories of the elements: water, earth, fire and air, as well as peace and discord.
The room’s decoration was fully restored in summer 2018 and its furnishings were reviewed with the support of the Mobilier National, to ensure it was suited to its purpose. The suite designed by Thierry Lemaire is fully in keeping with its surroundings.